jeudi 3 décembre 2009

Missing Hotbird!!

Thursday 3rd December

Bob & I spent the whole of Tuesday afternoon 'attempting' to set- up my satelite TV with Orange. First off it took 3 full hours for the decoder to 'update' itself - should've realised at this point that problems were looming - and then finding the satelite Hotbird was just IMPOSSIBLE!! Bob, bless him, was up and down the ladder like a yo-yo. We had the compass out, walked down the road to take a look at the neighbours' dish to see in which general direction it was pointing, even went on-line to get the co-ordinates but Hotbird it seems has flown the coop. Result, we wasted an afternoon and I still have no TV. I suppose my next step will be to give Orange a ring on their Help line, free until actually connected to an assistant, and ask if a Technicien can come out and find this missing bird for me. I suspect this is probably only a ploy by Orange, even though they say in the instruction booklet it's simple to set up your TV by satelite, to wring more money out of us. Anyone would think I'm anti-Orange.

Now would I be?

Since our exploits with satelites and dishes I've worked, it's rained and Bob has spent time at his house. The clébards, my 2 dogs, have become like a couple of dumplings due to the lack of walks due to the rotten weather and my waistline is threatening to spill out over the top of my jeans due to lack of walks. Anyway I've put my order in for some sunshine or at least dry weather but perhaps it's not only Hotbird that's gone mising up there. . .

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire