jeudi 16 juin 2011

How time flies.

How long is it since I put finger to keyboard? Months? Actually over 18 months, that’s how long. I did have very good intentions to post an entry on my blog every week but like all ‘good intentions’ it rather fell by the wayside. You know how it is at our age? ‘Things’ come up and . . . you’ve forgotten. I even began to keep a daily diary to remind me what I’d been doing. Needless to say I tidied it away and only found it again last week. Of course, it’s WAY out of date and can I remember what’s gone on the past 18months? Can I heck as like!

Ahhh but then again. . . .

My youngest son Luke returned to the fold at the end of February 2010, fed up with life in England and probably having to fend for himself chez son Dad. He did mention from time to time in the beginning that it was lovely to be home, have his meals cooked for him and clean sheets on his bed every week. Sadly the honeymoon period is well and truly over and like the majority of 19 year old boys, I should imagine, he now takes all these things for granted.

I must admit though, I went through a few agonised weeks before his arrival, seeing as he didn’t have a job to come to and I knew my pitiful wages would and have since struggled to keep us both. Amazingly though living with his Dad for 12 months taught Luke, if nothing else, to get off his backside and go and do something. . . this doesn’t sadly include washing up etc. He duly signed on with the local temping agency and was found short term shift work putting chemical additives into chicken and rabbit food which gave him money in HIS pocket and bright yellow socks.

Mother should mention she’s impressed with change in her son.

In June 2010 he found himself an apprentiship with a local car body repair and painting firm and is working towards a diploma.

Mother doubly impressed by change in her son, even if he still manages to leave the bathroom looking like a whole rugby team has showered in there and dirty socks and underpants under his bed. Oh well I suppose we can’t win them all.

Other changes? Yes.

Bob and I are no longer an ‘item”. I would’ve liked that we remained friends but he has other ideas and at the moment avoids me like the plague. I am becoming quite paranoid.

A couple of months later I had an extremely brief run-in with a man whom I’d known for a while. I did think he was going to turn out to be ‘The One’, Mr Right, my very own Prince Charming for we seemed to have so very much in common but he suddenly decided he wasn’t ready for any sort of relationship having not long broken up with previous girlfriend and backed out like a wasp had stung him in the arse. Of course I was hurt, it’s a bloody big drop down from cloud 9 but I’ve chalked it up to experience like the good Newport High School girl I am and have moved on.

Sadly one of ‘my ladies’ died at the beginning of March, which was a shock as she was diabetic and wheelchair bound, appeared to be in good health. All of us who worked with her were deeply upset. I still go to the house to clean for her husband but it’s not the same without them arguing like cat and dog - it’s too quiet! Although there are times I fancy I can hear her bellowing from the bedroom “What the hell are you saying? I know you’re talking about me!” Needless to say she had very acute hearing and knew exactly what they were saying.

Well I shall be ending here, for the time being, there is more to be written but I feel I’ve probably bored you all enough for today. So I’ll wish you au revoir, until the next time . . . . .

1 commentaire:

  1. You are never boring! Karin dear you have much to share with the world and you are a wonderful gift to everyone...<3

    Its never easy having grown kids at home is it, you love them but at the same time its hard to deal with them and doing the "tough love" thing is usually a matter of last resorts. Luke has a wonderful mother!

    I am truly sorry to hear about one of your ladies passing away and you must miss her very much. If you ever want to talk about her I am here for you, always. Glad to see you made an entry on your blog, lovely..

    RépondreSupprimer